Thursday, August 2, 2012

Favorite Quotes from Harry Potter (part 1)

Hello! I have to say- I am quite brilliant! Excuse me for being arrogant, but I like to think that I came up  with quite a fun idea. How about I list some of my favorite quotes from each Harry Potter novel (my favorite book series) and then the films? I really, truly love Harry Potter and I think this would be a great way to share my favorite series with my good 'ole readers. Enjoy!

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's/Philosopher's Stone
Dumbledore: What happened down in the dungeon between you and Professor Quirrell is a complete secret. So, naturally, the whole school knows.
Dumbledore: It takes a great deal of courage to stand up to your enemies, but a great deal more to stand up to your friends.
George Weasley: I suppose she thinks you don't forget your name. But we're not stupid-we know we're called Gred and Forge.
J.K. Rowling: There are some things you can't share without ending up liking each other, and knocking out a twelve-foot mountain troll is one of them.

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
Dumbledore: It is our choices, Harry, that show us what we truly are, far more than our abilities.
Moaning Myrtle: Oh well... I'd just been thinking, if you had died, you'd have been welcome to share my toilet.
Harry: Of all the trees we could've hit, we had to pick one that fights back.
Fred and George: Make way for
the Heir of Slytherin, seriously evil wizard coming through ......



Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
The Marauders Map: Mr. Moony presents his compliments to Professor Snape, and begs him to keep his abnormally large nose out of other people's business.
Mr. Prongs agrees with Mr. Moony, and would like to add that Professor Snape is an ugly git.
Mr. Padfoot would like to register his astonishment that an idiot like that ever became a professor.
Mr. Wormtail bids Professor Snape good day, and advises him to wash his hair, the slimeball.
Cornelius Fudge: Why, dear boy, we don't send wizards to Azkaban just for blowing up their aunts.
Dumbledore: A child's voice, however honest and true, is meaningless to those who've forgotten how to listen.
Hermione: They [wizards] see the Grim and die of fright. The Grim's not an omen, it's the cause of death! And Harry's still with us because he's not stupid enough to see one and think, right, well, I'd better kick the bucket then!

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Sirius Black: If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.
Dumbledore: Numbing the pain for a while will make it worse when you finally feel it.
Dumbledore: Dark and difficult times lie ahead. Soon we must all face the choice between what is right and what is easy.
J.K Rowling: It is a strange thing, but when you are dreading something, and would give anything to slow down time, it has a disobliging habit of speeding up.
Ron: Percy wouldn't notice a joke if it danced naked in front of him wearing one of Dobby's tea cozies.

I hope you liked this post! I will continue with the last three books tomorrow or later this week. What are some of you favorite Harry Potter quotes from the first four books?
~Margaux
ps. Feel free to do a post like this on your own blog, whether it's about Harry Potter or another book series- I would love to read it!

2 comments:

  1. My favorite quotes are...well...I can't think of any at the moment. I love all the ones that you used! Harry Potter is great!

    ReplyDelete